A whole tray full of happiness - the apple pie with pudding and brittle crumble is a real warmer of soul and can not be put on the table often enough. Here comes the recipe!
Streusel, apples and in between vanilla pudding - with this cake you only get the best on your plate. A wonderful autumn cake that will delight you. Have fun baking!
- 2 packets of vanilla pudding powder (for cooking)
- 1⁄2 l milk
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 kg of apples
- 300 g of flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 150 g soft butter
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 g flour
- 100 g of sugar
- 100 g of liquid butter
- 40 g hazelnut brittle
- Fat and flour for the baking sheet
- 1 packet of bourbon vanilla sugar
1. For the topping, prepare the vanilla pudding according to the package instructions with the sugar, the vanilla sugar, but with only 1⁄2 l milk. Cover directly with cling film and let cool down, then stir in the egg.
2. For the base, knead all the ingredients in the food processor to form a smooth shortcrust pastry and wrap in cling film and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Wash, peel, quarter, core and peel the apples for the topping. Roll out the dough directly on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, forming a small edge. Spread the pudding on top, then top with the apples.
4. For the crumble, knead the flour, sugar, butter and hazelnut brittle and crumble over the apples with your fingers. Sprinkle with the bourbon vanilla sugar. Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 170 ° C for just under 1 hour. If the crumbles get too dark, cover loosely with aluminum foil towards the end of the baking time. If you like, dust the cake with powdered sugar before serving.